Saturday 21 September 2013

The Old Gas Works, Warsaw


Was out and about round the Wolska district of Warsaw today, and had to finally get a few shots of the old gas works.  Haven't been to see the old gas works for five years or so, but I love them, as they just remind me of the Coliseum in Rome, and that's not hyperbole.

For me, it's amazing that this building just lies empty and fenced off from people, but I guess the authorities just don't know what to do with it.  I also guess that it must be a (possibly historically) protected building, so thankfully it probably can't get pulled down.

Really love this shot below:



It just kind of evokes a dark Gothic-type atmosphere for me.  Yes, the Warsaw old gas works are massively underrated, as the beauty is clear to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment