Friday 20 September 2013

Upcoming Concerts in Warsaw: Mum and Sin Fang at Warsaw Basen on October 2nd


Must say that I'm really looking forward to seeing the Icelandic experimental group, Mum, at Warsaw Basen on October 2nd.  My favourite Mum album is 'Finally We Are No One' from 2002, and my favourite track from this album is 'Green Grass of Tunnel':


Having said this, I've only quite recently discovered Mum, so I'm very much still in the process of exploring their music.  Generally find their music thoroughly pleasant and deeply relaxing, so it will be interesting to see how this comes across live.

Just had a quick look at the support band, Sin Fang, another Icelandic group, who also look very interesting.  The KEXP session, from which the track below 'Always Everything' is taken, gave me a nice quick introduction to Sin Fang,



Thus, on the evidence of this, I'll be getting down to the Basen early on 2nd October to catch Sin Fang as well as Mum.

Just watched the video below of Mum from the Loftas Fest in Lithuania this year, and just find the music subtly sublime or sublimely subtle, I guess this is the only way of describing it, it's that good:


Yes, how can you not be enamoured with such music?

No comments:

Post a Comment