Wednesday 23 July 2014

Kansas Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 22nd July 2014


So, the one we'd been waiting for, Kansas at Warsaw Klub Progresja, finally came round last night.  As me and my mate from Ireland walked past the tour bus above, we saw Steve Walsh sitting in the shade looking deep in reflective thought (this guy will be sadly missed from the band).

As for the concert itself, it was as I'd expected as I'd been reading the setlist from the previous gigs on the European leg of their 40th Anniversary tour.
 

So which were my favourite tunes of the night?  Well, for me, the song that they really nailed was 'The Wall' which they played early in the set.


Good to see that the band do a couple of my favourite tunes: 'Cheyenne Anthem' and 'Icarus Borne on Wings of Steel'.

Of course, a very enthusiastic crowd loved Steve Walsh's forays to the front of the stage:


I was stood near the front of the stage on the right, and more than a few times it was clearly visible that bassist Billy Greer was genuinely moved by the crowd's enthusiastic response:



And, of course, after the encores, 'Fight Fire with Fire' and 'Carry on Wayward Son', the band stood in appreciation of the crowd:


First heard Kansas in the late 1970s, have liked them ever since, and it was great that I was able to get to see them for a second time last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment