Sunday 14 February 2016

Wishbone Ash Live at Warsaw Proxima 13th February 2016


Loved every minute of this, a wonderful, two-hour set full of old favourites done with passion, not just going through the motions.  Like many people I guess, 'Argus' is my favourite Wishbone Ash album, and early in the set, the crowd were treated to 'Warrior' and 'Throw Down the Sword'.

Andy Powell, flying-V in hand, is a great frontman:


Used to (try to) play bass guitar myself so I found myself marvelling at Bob Skeat on stage (he just played so well and made things look effortless):


And the most popular tune of the night?  Well, that would have to be 'Sometime World'.


However, my favourite tunes of the night would have to be the encores:  'Persephone' and especially (the 17 minute or so) 'Phoenix', the latter being absolutely mesmerising/mindblowing.


A few years ago, I saw Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash at Bury Derby Hall, which I also enjoyed, and last night it was good to see (Andy Powell's) Wishbone Ash to kind of feel that I've seen the band completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment