Friday 9 December 2016

Jean Luc Ponty Quartet Live at Warsaw Palladium 8th December 2016


Went to see the Jean Luc Ponty Quartet (with young Polish violinist, Adam Baldych) at Warsaw Palladium last night, and had a great night's entertainment.

Can still remember my old mate Daz George playing his Jean Luc Ponty albums in the early 1980s, and I went to the gig last night a bit out of curiosity and nostalgia.


Was nice to be at the Palladium again, hadn't been there since November last year when I saw Calexico:


Even the Tyskie (not one of Poland's greatest beers) tasted good last night.


Having tried to play the bass many years ago, I couldn't help but admire the Cameroonian bass player, Guy Nsangue:


Somehow, I ended up arriving late for the concert but still managed to catch about 90-100 minutes of elegance and magic.


Not really well up on Jean Luc Ponty, so I was happy that I recognised about half of the tunes (without really knowing the titles).

The band taking a well-earned standing ovation below:


Yeah, it's good to go and see a concert out of curiosity.  I'm not big on Jazz, but I loved the Jean Luc Ponty concert last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment