Friday 17 March 2017

Blonde Redhead Live at Warsaw Proxima 16th March 2017


Still grateful to the late great John Peel for having introduced me to Blonde Redhead (through a John Peel Session) in the late 1990s or early 2000s.


Like when I first saw Blonde Redhead at Manchester Academy 3 in 2011, last night's gig at Warsaw Proxima may be described as a beautiful dreamscape from the moment the band came on with my favourite BR tune 'Falling Man'.


Just think that Blonde Redhead perfectly balance a bit of quirkiness with subtle, sublime melodies making their concerts a profoundly relaxing experience.


Possibly more than any other band I've ever seen, I would view the two Blonde Redhead concerts I've been to as profound dream-like experiences.


Full credit to the band for doing a wonderful gig in extremely difficult circumstances last night, given the recent passing away of Amadeo and Simone's mother.

 


This was a gig played in extremely difficult circumstances, which was felt by the crowd who supported the band more and more as the gig went on, especially enjoying the encores ('Pink Love'; 'Misery Is a Butterfly'; 'Give, Give' etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment