Saturday 16 September 2017

The Sisters of Mercy Live at Warsaw Progresja 15th September 2017


This was the second time I'd seen The Sisters of Mercy having also caught them a number of years ago at Warsaw Stodola.

As expected, the set last night was laced with all the classics ('More'; 'Dominion/Mother Russia'; 'Lucretia My Reflection';  'Marian'; 'This Corrosion' etc.).


Was just nice to see a band knowing most of their tunes, it now seems almost a lifetime away from the 1980s when I first came across The Sisters of Mercy and the Gothic-type music scene in Britain.



Generally speaking, Warsaw Progresja is a great place for a gig.  But last night, I made the big mistake of being down near the front of the stage as the concert ended, so I ended up having to wait 20 minutes or so to get out of the place:



 Also missed The Membranes due to the tight security checks going into Progresja (sadly, this kind of thing is necessary, even in Poland).  It was just my luck that after 30 minutes of queuing up, The Membranes had just finished their set as I got in the place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment