Monday 29 January 2018

UK Subs Live at Warsaw Klub Pogłos 28th January 2018


Not having been to a gig since the beginning of December, it was good to get the 2018 concert season underway with the UK Subs at Warsaw Poglos last night:


Despite having quite liked UK Subs while I was still at school (back in the late 1970s/early 1980s), I don't really know the band's material much beyond the famous tunes ('Stranglehold'; 'Tomorrow's Girls'; 'Warhead' etc.), but felt I had to get to this gig for nostalgia (we all love the music from our schooldays, of course).

Got to take your hat off to Charlie Harper still going strong:


Got a few shots of the band setting their gear up on stage:

 

Enjoyed the gig a lot, this being the first time I'd seen UK Subs (better late than never, I guess).  Rather foolishly missed the chance to see the band when they played the Horse & Jockey pub on Rochdale Old Road in Bury, Lancashire when I was living a stone throw's away from there in the mid-1990s.

Last night was also the first time I'd been to a gig at the Klub Poglos in Warsaw.  With the sell-out crowd, the place seemed a bit of a sweatbox, but I guess things would be a lot more comfortable if it was about two-thirds full.

No comments:

Post a Comment