Wednesday 28 March 2018

My Mental Jukebox Part 8


Really happy I found this great video of The Scorpions doing 'We'll Burn the Sky' on Youtube.

Saw Uli Jon Roth (Ulrich Roth) at Warsaw Torwar last week and he did 'We'll Burn the Sky', dedicating it to his brother, Zeno, who recently passed away.

'We'll Burn the Sky' is far and away my favourite Scorpions tune, and especially love the version on the 'Tokyo Tapes' double live album.

The opening two lines of 'We'll Burn the Sky' are always near the forefront of my mental jukebox:

      I'm in love with the sunshine
      I'm in love with the fallin' rain

And the next few lines more fully reveal just what a meaningful song this is:

      Everything seems to call your name
      Yesterday you were leavin'
      Leavin' life and all your pain
      Everything wants you back again

Yeah, as you can guess, the rest of the lyrics are well worth a look too.


No comments:

Post a Comment