Thursday 19 April 2018

Cory Henry & The Funk Apostles Live at Warsaw Stodoła 17th April 2018


My brother Paul was visiting Warsaw this week, so a few weeks ago, I decided to get Cory Henry tickets for us both after checking him out on the Internet.

Really glad that I did check Cory Henry out, as this was a magical concert.
 
  
Loved the show from start to finish, from the opening 'Testify' to the closing (Prince tune) 'Controversy'.

Rarely have I heard such great voices as Cory Henry himself and his two wonderful female vocalists, Denise and Tiffany:


Have got to say that every member of this band was multi-talented, it was great to listen to music that wasn't super loud but incredibly melodic.


How would I describe the music of Cory Henry & The Funk Apostles?  Something like a mix of Jazz Funk, Prog and Gospel, I guess.


Other great tunes in the set included 'Love Will Find a Way' and 'Our Affairs'.


Must also say that Cory Henry and his bandmates produced a wonderful, good-natured atmosphere, a fitting accompaniment to such wonderful music.


So glad I checked out Cory Henry in time to see him live.

No comments:

Post a Comment