Wednesday 16 May 2018

Arena Live at Warsaw Proxima 15th May 2018


Some of my shots from the excellent Arena gig at Warsaw Proxima from last night.

This was the first time I'd seen Arena (had a ticket to see them at Warsaw Proxima about three years ago, but a friend invited me to have a free holiday in Portugal during the week of the concert so I missed them).


Anyway, finally got to see the band last night, and it was an honour to see them do 'The Visitor' (my favourite Arena album) all the way through.


My favourite tunes of the night?  They would have to be 'A Crack in the Ice' and 'Tears in the Rain' from 'The Visitor'.



Just a quick word about Paul Manzi: I think this guy has got one of the best voices in Rock music (I've been going to Rock gigs of all description and genre since January 1980), and, at times, his voice reminds me a bit of David Essex (I mean this as a compliment, of course).



Also saw Mick Pointer drumming for Marillion on the 'Script for a Jester's Tear' tour back in the early 1980s at Manchester Apollo.

No comments:

Post a Comment