Saturday 18 August 2018

Galway City: Spanish Arch and Claddagh Quay


After visiting the Doolin Folk Festival, I had to visit the Spanish Arch and Claddagh Quay area of Galway city centre as a special kind of pilgrimage:


Had last seen the Spanish Arch and Claddagh Quay area (and Galway) in 1997, shortly before setting off for Poland.


The place has deep meaning, because my late brother found a good pair of jeans on the floor which didn't fit him, but were perfectly-sized for me.


This is one of the strongest memories of my late brother.


It would've been his 49th birthday today, it was his anniversary two days ago.


When we visited Galway City in 1997, I think there was a small, homely-looking EFL school near the Spanish Arch, but I'm not 100% sure, the mind plays tricks over time:


No comments:

Post a Comment