Thursday 8 November 2018

Weedpecker (and Blindead) Live at Warsaw Progresja 2nd November 2018


Had seen Weedpecker opening for Dead Meadow at Warsaw Hydrozagadka about three years ago, so I knew they were well worth catching before Blindead at Warsaw Progresja last Friday night.


Thankfully, despite having a tiring day (I'm nearly 53 now), I managed to get up to the Progresja just before Weedpecker came on stage. Really like their psychaedelic/stoner kind of thing, have had 'Reality Fades', my favourite tune by the band, ringing in my head for some time now.


At the 2017 Prog in the Park, I was blown away by Blindead, for me, they were the band of the day (this is saying something considering that the line-up included Opeth; Riverside and Solstafir). Hence, on the back of this, I decided to see Blindead at the Progresja last Friday:


My big mistake was not familiarising myself enough with the band's 'Autoscopia' album before the Progresja gig despite knowing that the band were going to play the whole of the album. In this context, I found the Blindead set interesting but a bit too heavy and loud at times (i.e. at one point, I found myself with about 20 others watching the gig from the hallway just before you go in the concert hall at the Progresja).

 

Think that the recent Blindead album 'Ascension' is one of the best albums I've heard by anybody over the past 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment