Friday 15 May 2020

Halfway through Lord of the World (Robert Hugh Benson)


Since some time last year, starting with Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy, I've been reading Catholic literature and apologetic work, and as a result, I can feel my faith being strengthened.

I'm currently halfway through Robert Hugh Benson's dystopian novel, Lord of the World, written in 1907. This seems to be an apt novel for right now given the globalist shutdown triggered by the virus situation. In a way, Felsenburgh reminds me of a young Bill Gates or George Soros, a puppet-master working behind the scenes.

Have found a couple of scenes/episodes deeply moving, Oliver Brand's mother recovering her Catholic faith towards the end of her life, and Father Percy Franklin's experience of mental prayer (this reminded me of the way Father Ripperberger describes it).

So far, I just find it a novel befitting the current situation, and as I enter the second half, I'm intrigued to see how much it mirrors the current globalist takeover via the virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment