Wednesday 30 June 2021

Percival at Wianki nad Wisłą 26-06-21

A few days before the Wianki nad Wisłą Festival in Warsaw last Saturday, I saw that Percival would be playing so it became imperative to get there:

Before last Saturday, I'd seen Percival once before on the Wild Hunt tour about three years ago which was a brilliant audio-visual experience.

And on Saturday night, the band didn't disappoint:

Offering a nice balance of tunes that I recognised such as Lazare and Sargon, and songs that I less recognised such as Marichko Chycheri.

Really like the kind of dynamic, melodic Slavic folk music that Percival create.

And on Saturday night, the concert was at a wonderful setting, near the riverside and Old Town:


Below, the band are taking in thoroughly-deserved applause at the end of a great 90-minute set:


How great it is to have live music back again. 

I'm grabbing as much live music as I can over the summer, because we all know what's coming again over autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment