Wednesday 2 November 2022

Hats Off To Wetherspoons

 

Above, there is the plaque which explains The Thomas Ingoldsby name of one of the two Wetherspoons pubs in Canterbury. 

Really like the Westgate Wetherspoons in Canterbury too, of course.

During my summer trip to England, my homeland, I regularly had a large traditional breakfast and cafe latte refills, and occasionally had dinner with a couple of pints at Wetherspoons places.

The Wetherspoons places I visited were in Penrith and Keswick (the Lake District); Banbury (Oxfordhire); Canterbury and Faversham (Kent); and my hometown, Bury (Lancashire).

In all of the Wetherspoons I went to, the food was great (especially the breakfasts); the beer was good (especially the Doom Bar); and the service was first-class and friendly.

Thus, even in difficult, post-Covid conditions, Wetherspoons offered a brilliant service for somebody like me, who was often on the road camping.

Below, there is a shot of a historic building facing the Thomas Ingoldsby Wetherspoons in Canterbury:


No comments:

Post a Comment