Monday 6 November 2023

Rival Sons / L.A. Edwards (Warsaw Stodoła 5-11-23)

What better way to beat the autumn blues than going to a good Rock gig, and both Rival Sons and L.A. Edwards delivered the goods on a wet Sunday evening.

Have heard Rival Sons in passing for quite some time, but this was the first time seeing them live:

In over 40 years of going to concerts, Mirrors is one of the best coming on songs I've ever seen, it just perfectly suits the atmosphere of a band coming on stage.


Despite being packed tight into a back corner of the Stodoła, I still thoroughly enjoyed the Rival Sons set, with Do Your Worst; Rapture; Open My Eyes; Feral Roots etc. going by in a flash.


Must say that frontman, Jay Buchanan, has one hell of a voice, it's that good, all complimented by a great band, of course.

It was also interesting to see drum and guitar solos being genuinely appreciated by a crowd.

Another nice touch to the Rival Sons set, was the crowd loudly humming Jay Buchanan's solo rendition of Shooting Stars after it had ended, before Mosaic.

Besides Rival Sons, I made sure that I got to the Stodoła before seven to catch L.A. Edwards opening the evening's entertainment:


Only became aware of L.A. Edwards a month or two before the gig, and so glad I did.


How would I describe L.A. Edwards, upbeat Americana music, I guess.


Like with Rival Sons, I enjoyed the whole L.A. Edwards set, especially Day I Die with the three Edwards brothers singing together.

Already Gone was another highlight, another real great coming on song.


Sunday night was cold and miserable outside, but both Rival Sons and L.A. Edwards warmed up people's souls, it was a great show all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment