Friday 8 March 2013

Threshold and Enochian Theory Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 6-03-2013

Been another hell of a busy week, but thankfully got out Wednesday evening to see Threshold and Enochian Theory at Warsaw Klub Progresja.  The latter holds some great Prog evenings with the small intimate crowds often making for a really good evening, and such was very much so on Wednesday.

First, I got up to the Klub Progresja at eight, bang on time for Enochian Theory beginning their set. 



Of course, as usual, I had fun with my small mobile camera.


I just take loads and loads of shots, and a law of averages allows me to get a few reasonable ones.


Like I guess some other people, I've become aware of Enochian Theory through their videos on Youtube and generally like their stuff:



My favourite Enochian Theory track is 'Movement', and I'm glad to say that the band did it on Wednesday (the video above is from Germany a couple of years or so ago - well done to whoever put this on Youtube)

Actually seeing Enochian Theory live, their music had a more 'powerful edge' than I'd imagined, while their on stage presence and rapport with the crowd was subtle, good-natured and positively humble.  The picture below shows the band getting stuck into packing their gear up immediately after finishing their set:


Second, I really enjoyed Threshold as they did a lot of tunes from their recent 'March of Progress' album, such as 'Ashes' and 'Staring At The Sun'.  Glad to say that somebody has quickly put a few tracks from Threshold at the Klub Progresja on Youtube, including part of 'Staring At The Sun':


Must emphasise that throughout the set, vocalist Damian Wilson was an absolute star and gent with the crowd:



What really impressed me was that the band were really up for the gig, and when Damian said that they liked playing on small stages so they could actually see people's eyes, he really meant it.  Moreover, Damian provided some good fun by stagediving backwards in the middle and at the end of the concert, after making sure that there were enough strong people ready to catch him (magical stuff).

Also good to see that the same good person who videod part of 'Staring At The Sun', has also put 'Light and Space' and 'Long Way Home' on Youtube:




Moreover, I was happy to see that the band did my favourite tune of theirs 'Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams'.  Below there are a couple more pictures of Threshold from Wednesday which seem to capture something of the great atmosphere of the evening :



Thus, again I had another great night of Prog up at the Klub Progresja in Stare Bemowo.  Really looking forward to seeing Pain Of Salvation in early April and Riverside in mid-April there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment