Thursday 4 December 2014

Swans Live at Warsaw Basen 3rd December 2014


This was always going to be hypnotic and mesmeric, and so it proved.

But it also had the unexpected, a touch of comedy, with Michael Gira's microphone not working early on, and a mortified-looking roadie being brought on stage to rectify things:


But of course, for Swans, this was no problem, just a contingency that nicely fitted into their full-on style.

And, of course, as ever, Michael Gira marshalled the proceedings:


As expected, my favourite tune of the night was the rip-roaring 'Frankie M'.


However, with the band coming on at 9.45, I only got to see about 70% of the set, as I had to get the last metro home before midnight.


Saw my good friend Captain Jaciek at Eric the Scientologist's today, who told me that the gig ended at ten past midnight with one hell of a crescendo.


As for me, today, I've had the mesmeric beat of 'Frankie M' running through my head all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment