Saturday 28 March 2015

Archive Live at Warsaw Torwar 27th March 2015


Must say I really enjoyed Archive at Warsaw Torwar last night, an early candidate for my concert of the year, definitely.  For the first few tunes, 'Feel It'; 'You Make Me Feel'; 'Black and Blue' etc., I was up near the front of the stage trying my best to get a few decent shots:


Over the last few years Archive have gradually grown on me, and now I think that I'm finally getting to understand their eclectic (Progish, sometimes trip-hop/alternative) style.



After 30-40 minutes up near the front of the stage, just before the band did 'Bullets', it was time to retreat further back to enjoy a nice cold beer (even though it was Tyskie, one of my least favourite Polish brews), and watch the band with all the interesting projections from a distance:


Must say that I interpret Archive's music as being more Prog than anything else, and find it a little surprising that not more 'Prog people' have cottoned onto them. 

Last night was great and for a Prog person like myself 'Lights' was always going to be a fitting finale to a fantastic show.



No comments:

Post a Comment