Wednesday 18 March 2015

Canterbury Dane John Gardens: World Music from the Early 2000s


Here's a few shots from one of the World Music events held in the Dane John Gardens in Canterbury, Kent, from the early 2000s.  If my memory serves me well, the band above were from Brazil, but, for me, the most interesting act that I probably saw was the one below with an African harp player and British guitarist:


Of course, this festival was always colourful (I went to it about 3-4 times in the early 2000s) as shown by the Indian dancers below:


And it included all kinds of entertainment such as the balancing act below:


So glad I've still got these pictures as I'd almost completely forgotten about the World Music event in the Dane John Gardens.  Wonder if it still takes now, as I really enjoyed it when I was living in Canterbury in the early 2000s.

No comments:

Post a Comment