Sunday 31 January 2016

Therion Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 28th January 2016


Must admit that I mainly bought the ticket for Therion to see Russian band Imperial Age and (Therion spin-off project) Luciferian Light Orchestra.  Have listened to Therion here and there over the years, but have never really focused on them.  However, I absolutely loved them at Warsaw Klub Progresja the other night:


Just about every song in the set was excellent even for a curiosity-seeker like me, as I recognised some tunes and others not:


My favourite tunes were always going to be the famous ones that I recognised such as 'Lemuria' (sublime); 'The Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah' and 'To Mega Therion' which were all done towards the end of an incredibly fast-moving, two-hour set.


And the lady with the incredible operatic-voice, Chiara Malvestiti, she was absolutely fantastic:


Wonderful theatre below between vocalist, Thomas Vikstrom, and Mari Karhunen who came on stage for a tune:


Pretty pleased at how the mobile handled the shot of the band from a distance below:
 

Thus, overall, I was incredibly happy that I'd seen Therion, and would definitely go and see them again.  Have been listening to them non-stop since the gig last Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment