Sunday 10 April 2016

Bury (Lancashire): My School Year at St. Joseph's (Chesham)


These amazing pictures from St. Joseph's Catholic infant/junior school from the early 1970s went round one of the 'Old Bury' sites on Facebook recently.  They are definitely pictures of my school year at St. Joseph's (roughly 1970/1971-1977) and think they may also be from our first day at the school.  Still occasionally see Henry Portas (bottom left of the picture above) when I go back to Bury.

Think that I may be on the picture below, but I'm not 100% sure:


Still occasionally see Mick Cusick (right on the picture below) when I get back to Bury (think the last time was when seeing Rush at Manchester Arena in 2013):


Also recognise most of the people in the pictures below who will all be 49 or 50 now:






Yeah, with the passing of time, these pictures obviously evoke a lot of nostalgia.  Can still vaguely remember this first day at St. Joseph's from 45 years ago, and these pictures help me to visualise it much better.  Really grateful to the great person who sent these pictures round the 'Old Bury' Facebook site.

No comments:

Post a Comment