Saturday 28 October 2017

Austra Live at Warsaw Cafe Niebo 27th October 2017


Had seen Austra a few years ago at the Basen (before it closed down) in Warsaw, so I knew I was in for a treat last night:


It was my first concert at the Cafe Niebo, and the main bar was kind of interesting, somebody had obviously put some effort into designing it:


Austra came on with the mystical-sounding 'Darken Her Horse', one of my favourite tunes.


For the most part, the stage lighting was a touch on the dark, fast-moving side, but for just one tune, the light fell nicely on Katie Stelmanis so this is why I've got so many shots of her:


Before watching Austra, I had to admire some of the other decor in the bar area:


Austra understandably did a lot of stuff from their recent album, 'Future Politics', including the title track; 'Utopia'; 'I Love You More Than You Love Yourself'; and 'Gaia'  (for me, the standout track on the album).

Best tune of the night?  That would have to be 'Gaia' or the old favourite, 'Lose It'.


A nice, fuller picture of the Cafe Niebo bar area below:


Really nice that Austra kept their promise of coming to Warsaw in the autumn after cancelling the show earlier in the year.


The set was short (about 75 minutes) but magical.


Really like Austra, just love the gorgeous melodies with Katie Stelmanis' voice being ethereal-like.






No comments:

Post a Comment