Wednesday 18 October 2017

Kari (Amirian) Live at Warsaw Stodola 17th October 2017


English-based, Polish musician and vocalist, Kari, first came to my attention a few years ago when I saw an advertisement for her playing at the Basen in Warsaw.  At the time, I checked out her 'Bjork-type' music and quite liked it.  In time, 'Hurry Up'; 'Winter Is Back' and 'Stronghold' have become my favourite Kari tunes.  However, I only got round to seeing her live for the first time last night at Warsaw Stodola:


Wasn't really in the mood for a gig last night, but found the show quite good:


The occasional intermingling of male and female vocals worked well: 


I kind of preferred the slower, ethereal-type tunes to the more up-tempo, disco-type stuff.


Got to the Stodola just before eight, so I caught all of the British opening act:


Again, I preferred the more ethereal-type stuff than the more up-tempo tunes (this could be something to do with my age):


The drummer, who was often quite witty with an Oxbridge-type accent, revealed that the three-piece band were from Leeds but I didn't quite catch the name of the band (have had a look all over the Internet but still can't find the band's name).


Couldn't resist taking the more abstract shot from the mixing desk below:


Last night's gig was the first I'd been to at the 'Open Stage' at the Stodola, and when I visited the gents, it sounded like the music was coming from directly above:


Still, I think I prefer the bigger, 'more comfortable' stage that I'm more used to at the Stodola.

No comments:

Post a Comment