Wednesday 11 July 2018

Richie Kotzen Live at Warsaw Progresja 10th July 2018


A few days before the Richie Kotzen gig, I (believed that I) didn't know much about Richie Kotzen or his work, but quite wisely checked him out on the Internet; discovered that I knew more of his stuff than I'd expected; and bought a ticket for the gig.


Really enjoyed the opening 30-40 minutes of the gig, as the band did 'Fooled Again' and 'High'.


What I really liked about the gig were the changes in mood and tempo:


When Richie went on the keyboards for slower, Jazz-type numbers for some time, this gave everybody the chance to get close-up shots of him.


It was a humid evening but Richie Kotzen and his two bandmates served up over two hours of magic.


During the month before the Kotzen gig, I'd been to Folk music festivals in England and Ireland, which were both fine, but last night, it was really nice to get back to a Rock gig.


No comments:

Post a Comment