Wednesday 26 June 2019

Dead Can Dance at Warsaw Torwar 21st June 2019


This was always going to be a massive experience, seeing Dead Can Dance at Warsaw Torwar last Friday night.

Over the years, for one reason or another, getting to see Dead Can Dance has been like searching for the Holy Grail, but last Friday, I finally got to see them.


It's wonderful how Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry complement each other, their voices are so richly different.


My favourite Dead Can Dance tune is 'In Power We Entrust The Love Advocated', and it was fantastic to hear this live, but my favourite tune of the night was 'The Promised Womb', it's beautiful medieval-type melody enveloped every inch of the vast Torwar Hall.


Amazing how up to two weeks ago, I'd never seen Dead Can Dance or Lisa Gerrard or Brendan Perry live solo. But in the space of the last two weeks, I've seen Lisa Gerrard with The Mystery of Bulgarian Voices and then Dead Can Dance last Friday.

Had a ticket to see Brendan Perry in Warsaw in 2011, but had to return to Britain for a few months while my mother was dying. In this respect, the Dead Can Dance concert last Friday made me think of my late mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment