Sunday 16 June 2019

The Mystery of Bulgarian Voices and Lisa Gerrard - Warsaw Stodoła 10th June 2019


My highlight of last week, The Mystery of Bulgarian Voices with Lisa Gerrard at Warsaw Stodoła, it was truly absorbing stuff.


Can't claim to know the titles of many of the tunes by The Mystery of Bulgarian Voices, but still recognised a few by the melody.
 

Of course, I recognised Lisa Gerrard's 'Now We Are Free', the 'Gladiator' theme tune and final encore of the night.


But my favourite tune of the night was 'Mani Yanni', this is the kind of song that makes you reflect on your whole life in a few condensed minutes, and I still have the beautiful melody playing in my head.

Love dreamscape concerts, they allow you to get out of the rat-race temporarily, to relax and reflect on more profound things.

Was also nice to see Lisa Gerrard for the first time, listened to her solo work a lot around 2003-2004 when I first moved to Warsaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment