Friday 13 March 2020

Quick Look at Burnley


Having visited Donegal; Kent; Dorset; and Cornwall, then while in my hometown Bury, I hopped across to Burnley to see an old schoolfriend who'd made his way up from Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire on the old canal system.

While quickly making  my way through Burnley town centre to find my friend on the canal, I was somewhat stunned to see how picturesque some of the buildings were:


Love the stone wall carvings below, they remind me of some wall carvings at the entrance to the old Russian soldiers' cemetery in Warsaw, Poland.



Have just read that the red-bricked building below is the old post office building in Burnley:


What this short saunter across Burnley town centre to the canal taught me was that I must have a proper look at Burnley some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment