Wednesday 13 October 2021

Revisiting the SSPX

 

It'd been 15 years since I'd last visited the SSPX in Warsaw, plus 2-3 years since I'd last visited them at all in Preston, north-west England, but a few weeks ago, I ended up going to Low Mass with the SSPX at 6 o'clock one Sunday evening.

Still remembering the bus route, I got off at the stop below in the suburbs of Warsaw, on the road to Falenica:

This village is brilliant for old wooden houses almost hidden amongst big trees:


Before going into the SSPX place, I went down to have a look at the beautiful Marian crucifix nearby:

It was great to see the Marian crucifix going strong.

And then I made my way to the SSPX church on Garncarska:

For the past 15 years, I've been to the Old Latin (Tridentine) Mass at a diocesan church in Warsaw that I love, but with the strange, oddball antics of Jose Bergoglio, who seems intent on destroying the Old Latin Mass, I now feel the need to visit the SSPX from time to time, just in case I'm forced to go there for the Traditional Latin Mass all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment