Tuesday 6 June 2023

Evanescence - Warsaw Progresja Letnia Scena/Outside Stage (5-06-23)


Finally got to see Evanescence live and they were fantastic.

Right from the start, with Broken Pieces Shine, it was obvious that Amy Lee has an incredible voice.


Every tune in the set seemed to be spot on, and near the mixing desk, not that far from the front, I lapped up Take Cover; Going Under; Lithium etc., thoroughly enjoying every single minute of it.

Halfway through the set, I did my usual manouvre, retiring further back to have a couple of beers and let the music sink in from a distance:


As the band moved towards My Immortal and the show-ending, Bring Me To Life, of course.


Was also lucky enough to catch some of the Tigress set:


Loved the intertwined guitar work in Human.

This year is proving a great year for catching all kinds of bands/singers that I've never seen before (Faun; Lizz Wright; RPWL; Peter Gabriel etc.), and now I have Evanescence (and Tigress) to add to this great list.

No comments:

Post a Comment