Friday 4 August 2023

Steve Hackett - Summer Fog Festival (15-07-23)

 

We're now into August but I still find myself reflecting on the amazing Summer Fog Festival that took place at the Spodek (Flying Saucer) Hall in Katowice in mid-July.

After seeing a brilliant line-up of Gong; O.R.k.; IQ; and S.B.B., it was the turn of Steve Hackett to grace the stage as the headline act on the 15th July.

As usual, Steve Hackett and his great band were fantastic.

My favourite tunes of the night were Every Day from the Hackett solo set and the opening Watcher of the Skies from the Foxtrot classic Genesis set, and, of course, as always, it was a treat to hear Supper's Ready.


Think that Nad Sylvan sings the old Genesis songs extremely well.

First saw Steve Hackett back in 1983 on the Highly Strung tour at Manchester Apollo. 

After this, I ended up waiting nearly 40 years to see Hackett again, twice last year at Warsaw Progresja and the Fairport Cropredy Festival in England.

Thus, I've been blessed to have seen Steve Hackett and his wonderful band three times over the last two years.


How lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment