Monday 24 July 2023

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets - Summer Fog Festival (Katowice Spodek 16-07-23)

 This turned out to be the icing on the cake after two great days at the Summer Fog Festival:

Truth be known, I've only ever really paid full attention to the Roger Waters-driven era of Pink Floyd (The Wall and The Final Cut - an incredibly underrated album, in my opinion), and the post-Roger Waters era (A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell).

Of course, I'm also familiar with Dark Side of the Moon; Wish You Were Here; and Animals, but earlier than this is a bit of a haze.

Still, I was always going to recognise Arnold Layne, Astronomy Domine, and See Emily Play.

And a bit to my surprise, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to all the other earlier Pink Floyd material played live, especially Echoes.


Found every second of (the 23-minute) Echoes captivating.

Also found Nick Mason's amiable chats between every 1-2 tunes really interesting and illuminating, they added a lot of context to the music (e.g. how it was a real rare treat to hear Vegetable Man live).

Really happy that I caught Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets live, this kind of adds to seeing Roger Waters do The Wall at the National Football Stadium in Warsaw about 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment