Friday 28 March 2014

Looking Forward To Seeing Gazpacho at Warsaw Klub Progresja on 4th April 2014


Above is my favourite (long) piece by Norwegian Prog(ish) band, Gazpacho, who have been a sublime revelation since discovering them a couple of months ago. 

Have always loved Prog (ELP; Van Der Graaf Generator; early Genesis; Yes; The Enid; Gentle Giant; Rush; Kansas; Marillion; IQ etc.), and have enjoyed seeing some great more modern Prog bands over the last few years (Riverside; The Flower Kings; Antimatter;  Pain of Salvation; Threshold; Crippled Black Phoenix; Blackfield etc.). 

But how did I discover Gazpacho recently?  I mean - the band have now released a steady stream of albums since the early 2000s and somehow they slipped under my radar for years.  Well, a couple of months ago, I saw that Gazpacho were playing Warsaw Klub Progresja on April 4th on the Klub Progresja website, then dutifully gave them a spin on Youtube, and will now be going seeing them next Friday.

So which other Gazpacho tunes do I really like?  Well, I love another long epic, 'Dream of Stone':


I do a lot of proofreading work for an English language book publishing company in Warsaw, and find that playing Gazpacho at the same time is a wonderful therapeutic antidote to the monotiny of proofreading.  Yes, these long, deeply atmospheric tunes just flash by and make me feel better.

There just seems to be a super-smooth, enigmatic-type drifty quality to these tunes.  Can't wait to see this stuff being done live at the Klub Progresja next Friday.



Yes, this stuff is really beautiful and atmospheric.

No comments:

Post a Comment