Sunday 23 March 2014

Overcoming Bleak Sunday Afternoons in Warsaw


The last two Sunday afternoons have been bleak and dark in Warsaw.  So what do I do to escape such gloom?  Well, my all year round routine, rain or shine, is to catch a tram from the Ratusz Aresenał metro station a few stops up in the Wola direction:


After going to the Old Latin Mass at St. Klement's church (the Gregorian chant gives me an uplift - it's always had that kind of effect), I go to the vegan place (think it's vegan rather than vegetarian but I'm not entirely sure) below:


At this place, I'm always guaranted a good meal and cup of 'kompot' (freshly made fruit juice) for about 20 złoty (roughly 4 pound).


Had to start eating this kind of stuff about two years ago due to having digestion problems, and now have no intention of going back to my previous unhealthy diet, although I still eat meat a couple of times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment