Monday 10 March 2014

Within Temptation Live at Warsaw Torwar 9th March 2014


After several close shaves over the years, I finally had the honour of getting to see Within Temptation live, at Warsaw Torwar last night.  Right from the start, when the incredible backdrop appeared and the band opened up with 'Let Us Burn' followed by 'Paradise' from the recently released 'Hydra' album, I loved every minute of this show:



Massive well done to the great people who have already put their videos from last night's gig on Youtube, of course.

Was also pleased with the Torwar (the first time I'd set foot in the place), as I managed to get far better small mobile shots than what I would've ever imagined, getting quite a few of Sharon den Adel moving around the stage:



Must say that as well as being incredibly beautiful, Sharon has a lot of energy, while also being genuinely pleasant in the chit-chat between songs.





Don't know how I've managed to put the shot below on twice (me and technology, I guess):



So what were my favourite tunes of the night.  Well, 'What Have You Done' had a certain impact, as it's a great sing along tune:





But one of the biggest applause of the night was perhaps quite predictably for the classic signature tune 'Mother Earth':




However, my favourite tune of the night would have to be 'Jilian (I'd Give My Heart'), it was just one of the most powerful (in an aesthetic sense, of course) songs I've ever seen done live:



Yeah, what an incredible vocal range Sharon has.



And my second favourite tune of the night, would have to be 'Ice Queen':



Must also credit the guys in the band for being incredibly tight:


Almost forgot to mention that the biggest round of applause of the night was for Sharon's duet with Piotr Rogucki (from the Polish band Coma), 'Whole World Is Watching':


Yeah, can safely say that I had a good night at the Torwar last night.  The place itself deserves some credit:  polite staff; not having to wait long to get a beer etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment