Sunday 21 June 2015

The Charlatans Live at Warsaw Wianki Festival 20th June 2015


The Charlatans are a band who, over the years, have generally escaped my radar, but I've now caught them live twice (first time at the Warsaw Impact Festival in 2012), and really enjoyed them both times.

Got this shot of vocalist Tim Burgess from one of the screens at the side of the stage:


The picture below captures how the audience faithfully endured getting drenched during The Charlatans' set, as the heavens started to gradually open just before the band came on stage.  Still, the audience were going nowhere and stayed put, which the band genuinely appreciated:


Of course, most people's favourite tune of the set was going to be 'The Only One I Know', a great tune that's always stayed at the front of my mental jukebox over the years.

 

About the rain, I was going to take a coat, but my wife told me that the weather forecast had predicted no rain, so I got absolutely soaked.  In fact, the last time that I got this badly soaked at a festival was probably watching Blue Oyster Cult at Castle Donington in 1981.

No comments:

Post a Comment