Thursday 25 June 2015

Toto Live at Warsaw Torwar 24th June 2015


Few shots of Toto from last night's show at WarsawTorwar.  Remember Toto coming onto the music scene in the late 1970's (when I was a schoolboy) with their debut album (especially the hit single 'Hold the Line').


However, somehow or other, it has taken me over 37 years to finally get to see Toto (did see Steve Lukather at the old Warsaw Klub Progresja 2-3 years ago, though).


After the first few opening tracks, which included 'Stranger in Town' and 'I'll Supply the Love', things really started hotting up with 'Hold the Line' and 'Georgy Porgy' (so glad the band did this fantastic Jazz-type tune).
  

But my favourite tune of the night had to be 'Great Expectations' (being a Prog-lover, this was always going to be my favourite tune) from the recent album.


And as we headed towards the end, the band did 'Roseanna', and came back on stage to do 'White Sister' (one of my favourite Toto tunes) and 'Africa' as the encores to end a great two-hour set.

And thus ended my four gigs in a week in Warsaw which wasn't too exhausting as I took it easy on the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment