Saturday 11 June 2016

Dead Meadow Live at Warsaw Hydrozogadka 10th June 2010


First came across Dead Meadow through a John Peel session that I recorded from either the late 1990s or early 2000s.


Then through one thing or another, I kind of completely lost touch with the band.


Still, when I saw that they would be playing the Hydrozogadka in Warsaw a couple of months ago, it didn't take much convincing to get a ticket.

 


And the Hydrozogadka concert itself, I absolutely loved it, no nonsense, little speaking, just non-stop music.


The highlight of the night being the final tune, the incredibly beautiful 'At Her Open Door'.

After spending half of the show down near the front, I retired towards the back to have 2-3 beers:
 

Glad to say that the Hydrozogadka still sells Perła, one of Poland's better beers (was last down here 3-4 years ago to see The Boxer Rebellion).

No comments:

Post a Comment