Wednesday 8 June 2016

Skunk Anansie Live at Warsaw Orange Festival 3rd June 2016


Not that mad on Skunk Anansie but after a quick drink, I thought I'd have a walk down to the main stage to catch some of their set, and I'm glad I did.


The first few tunes were quite heavy and vocalist Skin, in particular, got the crowd whipped-up.


Was easy to see that Skin is a great frontwoman as she 'played' with the cameramen which was really good fun.


'Weak' was always going to be my favourite tune, but another song that was always going to catch my attention was 'God Loves Only You' which Skin dedicated to all 'religious fanatics':


Obviously, both the thematic message and the backdrop on stage made this tune interesting:



However, after the song, I couldn't help but reflect on why so many bands and artists are willing to have a go at religion in general without pinpointing the obvious that the vast majority of religious fanatics come from Sunni Islam.  Guess that the latter is never done because bands and artists value their lives, this being perfectly understandable, of course.


There was a nice visual backdrop-musical unity throughout the whole of the Skunk Anansie set.


Not far from the end of the 90-minute or so set, I started retreating to get another beer, more than happy that I'd gone down to the main stage to catch Skunk Anansie:


No comments:

Post a Comment