Saturday 5 November 2016

Paignton: Oldway Mansion


During my summer trip to Thomas Hardy's Wessex (mainly Dorset), I skipped over to Paignton in Devon to see some old friends who took me on a great walk round the grounds of Oldway Mansion:


Have just read that Oldway Mansion was built in 1873 and is a listed building.


But for a few years now, there seems to be ongoing speculation over whether it will be converted into a hotel or not.


Whether it becomes a hotel or not, I just hope the general public will still be able to walk round the grounds, as the place offers some kind of profound relaxation.


I came back to Warsaw, Poland wondering what Oldway Mansion looked like inside, and now I've just found out from the internet:


It wasn't a disappointment, was it?  Hope it still looks like this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment