Sunday 18 February 2018

Amorok Live at Warsaw Prog Days 10th February 2018


Still find myself reflecting on Warsaw Prog Days a week after the event took place, that's how good it was.

Like all the other bands on the bill (Here on Earth; Gallileus; Colin Bass and Friends; and Coogans Bluff - what a varied line-up), I really enjoyed Amorok.  Guess that the haunting 'Anonymous', which Amorok came on with, and 'Nuke' with Colin Bass on vocals were my two favourite tunes of the set.

At one point, I felt almost hypnotised by Amorok as the drummer, bassist, and (female) bongo player worked in perfect unison together, while the keyboards and lead guitar glided softly over this.  In this sense, Amorok reminded me a bit of early Santana at times.

Of course, the genius behind Amorok is the multi-instrumentalist Michal Wojtas.



No comments:

Post a Comment