Tuesday 13 February 2018

Coogans Bluff Live at Warsaw Prog Days 10th February 2018


It was the early hours of Sunday morning, I'd just seen Colin Bass and Friends; Amorok; Gallileus; and Here on Earth all play great sets, and Coogans Bluff seemed to be taking some time over their soundcheck, so I questioned whether I should stay or go.  Thankfully, I chose to stay.


What transpired was something magical in the early hours of Sunday morning (at Warsaw Progresja where the Warsaw Prog Days event is held each year).

When Coogans Bluff came on with the 12-minute 'Flying To The Stars', it was one of the most dramatic opening songs I'd ever seen in 38 years or so of going to gigs, it was mesmeric, truly riveting, and the band continued in the same vein for the remainder of their set. 


In 38-39 years of going to gigs, rarely have I seen an audience so captivated, so magically caught up in a band's performance.  Would love to see Coogans Bluff again.

No comments:

Post a Comment