Monday 19 February 2018

Bury (Lancashire): 1977 St. Joseph's Junior School Football Team Photo


Gosh, this is a picture that takes me back, to early or mid-1977, I think.  It was sent to me on Facebook by Henry (top right above) who I think probably got it from an 'Old Bury' Facebook site.  

Think it was from some kind of Bury School Cup competition when we, St. Joseph's, dominated another Catholic school team from Bury, Holly Mount (from up Greenmount) and somehow ended up getting beaten 2-0.  Still can't figure out how this happened to this day.

The game was played on the Bury Grammar School pitch, somewhere behind St. Gabriel's secondary school, and somebody reminded me a couple of years ago, that we were 1-0 or 2-0 down, when I had a long shot which, according to him, went through the caretaker's house window (can remember it going in the garden, not through the window, if my memory serves me right).

No comments:

Post a Comment