Saturday 8 September 2018

Galway: Following the River in the City Centre


Was at a loose end, so I just found myself following a narrow stretch of the river round Galway city centre.


Don't know what the building is below, but it kind of caught my eye, really like the shape of the building:


The river put me in a kind of reflective mood, I started thinking about what I should do on my next trip to Ireland.


Loved the gushing waterfall below, not far from here, young people were sat down having picnics.


Also loved the quaint-looking bridges which were dotted all around the city centre:


Think I'll use Galway as a base for setting off on a trip to the Gweedore coastline belt of Donegal some time next year.  My idea is to spend a night in a hostel in Galway, then have 4-5 days exploring and camping in Gweedore listening to traditional Irish music, and then another day in Galway.

No comments:

Post a Comment