Tuesday 16 October 2018

Galway: My Final Shots


The last shots from my early summer visit to Galway city, starting with an excavation site in the city centre above.

Was curious about the statue (just after Claddagh Quay) below, and through doing a quick Internet search, I've just found out that it is dedicated to a Dominican preacher called Thomas Nicholas Burke (1830-1882):


Encountered the house below, which had long protest messages attached to its gates, while walking up to Salthill:



The Galway Rovers social club, near Claddagh Quay, seemed like a good place to have a few pints:


And Eyre Square contained a few interesting-looking things:


Think I read somewhere that the statue below is dedicated to an Irish regiment that fought for the British army during the Crimean War:


Alas, after two wonderful days, it was time to catch the bus to Shannon Airport for my plane to Manchester (and onto my hometown of Bury, Lancashire):


No comments:

Post a Comment