Monday 30 November 2020

Warsaw: Extreme Left Protest Van

While following the extreme left protests around Warsaw for the last five weeks, I've become more and more curious about the music vans that accompany the pro-abortion ideologue/ringleader, Marta Lempart.

For me, it is the music vans that prompt some disenchanted young adults (often left-wing university students) and bored teenagers (with no school to go to) to traipse round Warsaw in zombie-type states rather than the often foul-mouthed rhetoric of Lempart herself.

On Saturday November 28th, I finally found myself with the opportunity to look at one of Lempart's music vans up close,

while Lempart and her extreme left entourage were trying to create chaos and disorder down near metro Politechnika, just a short stroll outside Warsaw city centre.

Moreover, it gave me the opportunity to see the kinds of characters who work closely alongside Lempart.

Would've loved to have seen what was going on behind the curtains in Lempart's music van, but I guess that her crew would've tried to kill me if I'd poked my head inside.

 Still, members of the Lempart roadshow kept going in and out of the van.

 

 

All the while, Lempart was keeping the crowd 'entertained' with all kinds of speeches and pretend fainting and drama outside.

But her music van crew got concerned that a few members of the crowd were taking more of an interest in the music van itself, and at some point, they felt a need to surround and guard the van.



I think it was a case of a mob on the hunt feeling that they were now the ones being hunted.

And, of course, the music van registration plate was now covered up.


The cardboard placard is a play on Descartes' famous quote, the adaptation here being "I think, I feel, I decide" (my admittedly not too brilliant Polish can come in useful from time to time).

At one point, the music van had Sham 69's 'If the Kids Are United' blaring out. I remember this tune from being an early teenager in the late 1970s in north-west England, it was a big favourite with the Old Trafford football crowd, of course. Lempart's crew used it as a simple mantra for their sheepish crowd to hum and jump along to. This seemed to be the modus operandi of the Lempart crew, playing a kind of Pied Piper role.


No comments:

Post a Comment