Saturday 14 November 2020

Warsaw: Over the Bridge to the National Stadium

On November 11th, I caught up with the Patriots' Independence Day march at the bridge, going over the river:


I missed all the action at Empik because I'd gone down a parallel road to avoid the initial excitement of the march.

I observed the above all day: police vans waiting around corners, out of view, all over the march route and even beyond. The police van below gave me an idea of what communist times must've been like:

It was good to see that St. Alexander's church didn't need to be protected on Independence Day, as extreme leftist trouble-causers and vandals (KOD; Strajk Kobiet; Antifa; LGBT) were nowhere to be seen:


Back on the bridge, we gradually approached the National Football Stadium:


Finally, we arrived at the stadium, and everything seemed relatively normal:



God - honour - fatherland, I really love this message, it focuses on vital aspects of patriotism and piety that have been lost in today's ugly pop-culture world with its infestation of extreme leftist causes and movements.

Round the side of the National Stadium is where I saw things going pear-shaped for the first time:

I'm not sure what the young patriots were trying to do, but I decided to retreat behind police lines because I didn't fancy any liberally-thrown firework going off in my face. It also looked like the hordes and hordes of police were going to move in to possibly make matters worse.





No comments:

Post a Comment