Thursday 22 July 2021

Rosa Vertov - Plac Defilad, Palace of Culture (18-07-21)

Seemed like kind of ages, probably a couple of years, since I'd seen a kind of alternative gig, so seeing Rosa Vertov last Sunday evening  was a real treat:

Only discovered Rosa Vertov and their music a week or two ago, but immediately connected with their kind of dream pop-psychedelic sound.


After Sunday's gig, I find myself continually listening to the band's Day In Day Out and Who Would've Thought? albums and Rosa Vertov EP (dusty faces is a wonderful track).

Can't help imagining how Rosa Vertov would've been perfectly suited for doing sessions for the late great John Peel.

What I like about Rosa Vertov is that they have a unique sound of their own. When I think of who they may remind me of a bit, the only band that springs to mind is early period Throwing Muses around the time of Hunkpapa (saw Throwing Muses at Glastonbury in 1989 around this time).


Finally, have to say that I think that Rosa Vertov will go down a storm if they tour Britain (alternative music circles will love them there).

No comments:

Post a Comment