Monday 16 August 2021

African Beats Festival (Warsaw Progresja Outside Stage 14-08-21)

After being greeted in a genuine friendly way on the gate entering the African Beats Festival, I soon came across a drum clinic:


Unfortunately, I only caught the last couple of minutes of Groove Baza:

But what I caught was good.

And not long after it was the turn of El Mezouaria:

Mustapha really does have an incredible voice. In my over 40 years of regularly going to all kinds of gigs in mainly my native England, plus Poland of course, for me, Mustapha has one of the best voices I've ever heard.


Saw Mustapha previously on stage with Dikanda about three years ago at the Progresja.

Next up, it was Ayoub Houmanna:

Who quickly revved up the crowd with his incredible energy. Got the sense that Ayoub had played a big part in getting this festival together.

Then, The Afronauts were, for me, the surprise package of the festival, absolutely loved their kind of Jazz-Prog-World music mix, they reminded me a bit of early Santana:


And finally, things were rounded off nicely by Mamadou and Sama Yoon:

 

Love the kind of mix of Reggae, Jazz, and Psychedelia in this band's music.

Then, after the festival had kind of ended, there was even time for a nice nightcap listening to musicians from the bands jamming on stage inside:


 Which was a fitting close to a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment